- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Bontebok National Park
Lang Elsie’s Kraal Rest Camp
The new rest camp called “Lang Elsie’s Kraal” named after a Khoe-Khoe Chieftain who lived there with her clan in the 18th century, is the first rest camp in SANParks to be designed from concept to completion according to “Touch the Earth Lightly” design principles.
The concept requires that the units should incorporate the latest thinking in terms of design and materials so as to have the minimum impact on the environment, maximum return on investment, and maximum benefit to the local economy.
There are 10 new units that can sleep up to four people with two single beds (double bed on request) and a double sleeper couch, you will enjoy majestic views of the Breede River valley and the Langeberg mountain range, which can be appreciated from the private sun-decks to the south and west sides of the units.
Universal access is a key principle applied in the planning of the camp. The new buildings have ramps throughout and are totally accessible to wheelchairs. Two of the 10 units are “special-needs adapted” with bathrooms and living spaces which meet current best practice for use by people with special needs.
- Caravan and tent campsites are located close to the Breede River.
- A maximum of six persons, one caravan with a side tent and one vehicle, or one tent and one vehicle, or one autovilla or one motorised caravan will be permitted per site.
- Additional vehicles will pay an additional fee..
- Not all sites have electrical outlets. Please check this when making your booking. Private generators are prohibited at caravan and campsites.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The rest camp is named after the 'Hessekwa' khoi-khoi chieftainess called 'Lang Elsie