- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Table Mountain National Park
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
Celebrating 10 years
Table Mountain National Park (TMNP) officially celebrated its 10th birthday (of People Centered Biodiversity and Cultural Heritage Management) on 14 August 2008, highlighting the major milestones achieved since the Park was proclaimed 10 years ago.
- Ecosystem restoration:
- through land acquisition,
- alien clearing,
- fire management and
- path building.
- Delivery of social benefits through the Park’s poverty relief programme:
- Enabled the Park to use over R40 million worth of funds from DEAT Social Responsibility Programme to upgrade 250km of the footpath network,
- build “touch the earth lightly” tourist accommodation, and
- provide training opportunities to previously unemployed people.
- The TMNP has set itself the goal of being the world’s premier urban Park by 2010.
- Sharing resources by partnering with the other conservation agencies in order to achieve common goals.
- To consolidate Cape Town’s rich conservation capital will be to link the TMNP and Robben Island – both World Heritage Sites – in a formal partnership.
For more information:
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
15°C / 25°C